- Students applying to a 4-year college directly from high school:
- Make sure you have met your basic A-G requirements
- Take the SAT/ACT by November
Meet all application deadlines
- Application period for CSU schools are October 1-November 30
- Application period for UC schools are November 1-November 30
- Private schools’ deadlines differ depending on school. Find out when the deadlines are so that you do not miss out on any opportunities.
- Letters of recommendations must be requested a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. You are required to fill out the Senior Brag Packet and submit it to the Counseling Office by September 30 (make a copy for anyone you request a recommendation from). This includes many private schools which are now using Common Application.
- Need help filling out your college application? Counselors are available for College App Tutorials: Tues/Wed, 2-3, in L1 from Oct 6-November 18th
- Apply for FAFSA starting October 1, 2016; deadline is March 2.
- If you are accepted to a school, make sure you meet all deadlines and check your email often. This includes, taking the ELM and EPT assessments, requesting official transcripts from the site registrar (located in the front office), sending your intent to enroll, registering for housing, and sending any necessary deposits. You also must earn all C’s or higher during your senior year. If you miss a deadline or earn a D, the college may rescind your acceptance.
- More information on 4-year college applications
Students applying to a 2-year/community college directly from high school:
- Apply to the college of your choice online
- Take your placement test
- Make an appointment with a community college counselor to choose your classes
- Register for your classes on the date you are assigned