School News‎ > ‎

Cal Grant GPA Reporting Opt-Out Information

posted Oct 15, 2015, 8:43 PM by Guhsd Wolfpack

To: All Senior Parents

The California Student Aid Commission (Commission) requires that we provide them your student’s Grade Point Average (GPA) in order for them to determine if they qualify for the State of California Grant (Cal Grant). 

Cal Grant is a financial aid program administrated by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) providing aid to California undergraduates, vocational training studentsA Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back.  

As a service to you, the Grossmont Union High School District will submit this information to the commission on your student’s behalf. 

If you would like to take advantage of this service, there is nothing you must do.  

If you would prefer that your student’s GPA is not submitted to the Commission, please fill out the opt-out form and return it to the Counseling Office at West Hills High School by November 20, 2015

Cal Grant Opt-Out Form (English)

Cal Grant Opt-Out Form (Spanish)